Massage: Get to know its numerous advantages
What is a massage?
Massage, as its name suggests, is a process of rubbing and pressing your muscles and skin. It is a useful way to help you improve your health condition and well-being. The primary goal of massage is to assist clients in escaping from their everyday tasks and encourage them to spend leisure time recovering from the stresses of daily life. Massage was available only to certain places such as upscale health clubs in the past. However, massage becomes more accessible nowadays. We can have a massage treatment almost everywhere. Based on different massage techniques, some of the most popular kinds of massage include Swedish massage, trigger point massage and sports massage.
- Swedish massage is the most common form of therapeutic massage and the core of massage therapy in Western countries such as the United Kingdom and Sweden. It is a full-body massage that uses gentle kneading, tapping, vibration, and long strokes directed to the heart to promote blood flow and lymphatic circulation. Swedish massage is a type of remedial massage that is suitable for people who hope to lower their stress levels after a whole day of work.
- Sports massage is usually used by athletes who often do athletic training. It focuses on preparing muscles for intense training. Besides, sports massage is used as a tool to help muscles recover after training.
- Trigger point massage is aimed at areas of tight muscle fibers that may appear in your muscles after you get injured.
What is a relaxation massage?
Relaxation massage is a kind of massage therapy that helps people soothe and relax. The process of relaxation massage includes lowering blood pressure, relieving nervous systems and improving immunity. The main goal of relaxation massage is to make clients feel calm and relax by gently kneading deeper layers of muscle. If you would like to have a relaxation massage, you can expect the process to include:
- Long and smooth strokes that are rhythmic
- Pressure that is greatly relaxing, but not painful
- A massage treatment aimed at helping you relax, but not at relieving chronic pain or other underlying disease
- A massage therapist who consider massage environment important-seeks for relaxing music, warm and wet towels, and sometimes enhances both the environment and the effects of the massage by using essential oils
What are the advantages of relaxation massage?
The benefits of massage are numerous. Similar to other types of massage, a relaxation massage can bring you some advantages that can usually last for several days after you receive the treatment. Having a massage therapy may not be able to fundamentally solve any health problems, but if you regularly get relaxation massage, you can gain the following advantages:
- Making you feel good
- Lowering blood pressure
- Improving blood circulation
- Improving immunity
- Relaxing your nervous system
- Relaxing your muscle group
- Relieving neck pain and other chronic pain
- Reducing stress
How can relaxation massage help my health and well-being?
Relaxation massage is a kind of remedial massage. Getting relaxation massage can bring you several health benefits, which means that you will have a healthy body if you go for a massage on a regular basis. A relaxation massage can achieve this because it helps improve your blood flow as well as circulation. Therefore, your tissues and organs can get more oxygen than before. Also, this is helpful for lymphatic drainage. Whether it is a full body massage or a body part massage, this kind of therapeutic massage assists in relieving neck pain, breaking up tight soft tissues and relieving muscle tension.
A good relaxation massage can not only give you some advantages on physical aspect, but also provide you with a sense of well-being. It acts as a stress reliever, helping you keep calm and stay relaxed in your stressful life. If you feel that your life is out of control, then a massage can help you get rid of depression and irritability.