Insomnia can take a terrible toll on the body. People who suffer from insomnia may experience changes in behavior and mood. Insomnia can also make people feel irritable and depressed, and it can make concentrating and remembering things difficult.
Over the long term, lack of sleep can have a negative impact on the immune system and can lead to poor health. If you suffer from insomnia, you probably spend a lot of time overly tired and frustrated.
Chiropractic care can help. Understanding insomnia, the benefits of chiropractic care, and how chiropractic adjustments can be used to treat your insomnia can help you decide whether chiropractic adjustments are right for you. Here’s what you need to know.
Why Is Sleep So Important?
Sleep affects just about every part of our life. Consider the following reasons that sleeping well at night is an absolute necessity:
- Emotional well-being – While you sleep, your brain is working out what it needs to for the next day. Without a good night’s rest, you may be more likely to struggle with depression, mood swings, stress, or a lack of motivation.
- Cognitive function -Research reveals that a well-rested brain can learn faster and is better at problem-solving. It helps memory as well as the ability to make good decisions.
- Physical well-being – A lack of sleep can lead to heart disease, stroke, obesity, higher blood sugar levels, inhibited growth and development, and lead to reduced immune system function.
- Safety – Studies show that driving drowsy can be just as dangerous as driving drunk. Being sleepy can affect your performance on the job or at school and lead to risk-taking or mistakes that could be dangerous in some situations.
Yes, sleep is vital to life! So let’s consider the way that brain function, specifically brainstem function, affects sleep. This will help us to discover a natural way to cope with insomnia.
Why Does Insomnia Happen?
The first way a chiropractor can help you address insomnia is by getting to the root cause of your sleep issues. Ultimately, it is always better if we can eradicate the root cause of insomnia so that your body can sleep naturally. This is much better than simply covering up the issue on the surface.
There are several reasons why you might develop insomnia. Some of the most common issues include:
- You are suffering from chronic pain, making it impossible to relax
- Your sleep environment needs to be improved
- You have a lot of tension in your muscles, making it hard to fall asleep at night
After identifying the root cause of insomnia, it is possible to develop a firm treatment plan.
How Can a Chiropractor Address These Issues?
There are several ways that a chiropractor can help with all of these problems. Some of the ways include:
- Help Alleviate Stress: A chiropractor can help you alleviate stress. Stress is bad for your body and it can make it hard to fall asleep at night. For example, chiropractors can help patients learn how to perform exercises that can help them alleviate their anxieties and relax their minds.
- Treat Chronic Pain: If you are dealing with chronic pain, this goes down from old injuries, overuse injuries, and nerve issues. A chiropractor is able to help you address all of these problems. Using chiropractic adjustments, it might be possible to treat your pain naturally. That way, you have an easier time falling asleep.
- Recommend Lifestyle Changes: Finally, a chiropractor can also take a look at your sleep environment and recommend lifestyle changes that might make it easier for you to fall asleep. For example, the temperature in your room might need to be adjusted. Or, based on the alignment of your back, the chiropractor might be able to recommend a different mattress for you.
Chiropractors Can Help Reduce Dependence on Sleep Aids
In order to fall sleep without the use of over-the-counter or prescription medications, many will seek additional help so they can stop relying on medicine for restful sleep. Chiropractic adjustments should be able to aid in the reduction of medication use by our practice members. Doing so will allow the individual to say goodbye to unwanted side effects and enjoy the peaceful sleep they deserve.
What Else Can I Do to Help Me Sleep Better?
In addition to seeing a chiropractor, you can also address your lack of slumber in a variety of ways. You can:
- Try changing your sleeping position to one that promotes a more restful night
- Evaluate your current sleep routine and look for areas to improve your sleep hygiene
- If your budget allows, purchasing a new mattress or chiropractic pillow may also help you settle into a more rewarding nighttime routine
- Seek out mattresses that are specifically made to help back pain and shoulder pain
- Increase exercise to help you sleep better and reduce overall body pain
These are just a few of the ways that a chiropractor can help you address some of the root causes of insomnia. Therefore, if you are having trouble falling asleep at night, what should you do?
If you are tired of being tired and want to enjoy your evenings again, contact our team to schedule your adjustment today! Your Kings Park Chiropractic chiropractors are here to help address your insomnia.
Western Sydney Chiropractic Clinic Serves Suburbs – Chiropractor Near Me
Seven Hills NSW 2147
Kings Langley NSW 2147
Kings Park NSW 2148
Blacktown NSW 2148
Baulkham Hills NSW 2153
Norwest NSW 2153
Castle Hill NSW 2154
Rouse Hill NSW 2155
Kellyville NSW 2155
Kellyville Ridge NSW 2155
Schofields NSW 2762
Quakers Hill NSW 2763
Marsden Park NSW 2765
Box Hill NSW 2765
Rooty Hill NSW 2766
Stanhope Gardens NSW 2768
The Ponds NSW 2769